Thursday, June 18, 2015

I'm Going to SLIG!!

I am again a very fortunate person.  The genealogy gods are smiling on me.  I received the news tonight that I have earned a scholarship to the 2016 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy!

I have wanted to attend SLIG for several years, and I'm already looking forward to this great educational opportunity (even if it does take place in Salt Lake City in January!).  The class I'll be attending is "Research in the South", coordinated by J. Mark Lowe.  I chose this class primarily because of my volunteer activities with the African American Genealogical Society of Northern California and the Alameda County Youth Ancestral Project, both of which have large numbers of people with family roots going back to the South.  I look forward to sharing what I learn about research resources and techniques, particularly regarding lost and missing records, a common problem in Southern research.

I'm also looking forward to some research time in the Family History Library.  I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I hoped to when I was in Salt Lake City in February for RootsTech.

Doing the genealogy happy dance around the house . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to everyone, particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.